WASHINGTON -- A U.S. regulator said on Tuesday it would launch an investigation into an off-road utility vehicle produced by Mahindra and Mahindra following a complaint by Fiat Chrysler Automobiles that it infringed upon the intellectual property rights of its Jeep design.
The U.S. International Trade Commission said in a statement that it was launching a patent-related investigation into the India automaker's Roxor vehicle.
The ITC said the complaint was related to the import and sale in the United States of certain motorized vehicles and components that Fiat Chrysler had alleged infringed on its trademarks. The agency said it would aim to complete its probe within 45 days.
Representatives of Mahindra and Fiat Chrysler could not immediately be reached for comment.
Last month, Mahindra said FCA had filed a patent violation complaint with the ITC against the company and called the complaint without merit.
Mahindra said that it and its North American unit had filed a public interest statement with the ITC and had begun proceedings in a Michigan court to enforce a design agreement that it had executed with Fiat Chrysler in 2009.
Mahindra was seeking an injunction against Fiat Chrysler from proceeding with the complaint, it added.
Fiat Chrysler had not made a monetary claim in the complaint but was seeking to block Mahindra Automotive from importing any parts or components into the United States that infringe upon Fiat Chrysler's intellectual property rights, it said.
- Introduction Of Lubrication Techniques For INA ...
- Attention Should Be Paid To The Use Of NTN Bear...
- Antirust Method Of Bearing And Analysis Of Corr...
- Advantages Of Ball Bearings
- Precautions For Using Needle Roller Bearings
- What Is The Difference Between Needle Roller Be...
- The Structure Of Rolling Bearing
- How To Distinguish The True And False Bearing?
- What Are The Reasons For The Heating Of The Bea...
- Maintenance Of Bearing And Matters Of Attention
- The 50th Anniversary Of The Eastern India Ball ...
- Bearing2018 Shanghai Open Its Doors
- US – China Bearing Tariffs: What’s Your Strategy?
- 2018 Bauma International Trade Fair
- 2018 PTC Asia-Mechanical Parts Exhibition Shang...
- Heavy Equipment Bearing Lubrication
- Heat Treatment Of Rolling Bearings
- Bearings Categories
- UPDATE 3-German Auto Parts Maker Schaeffler To ...
- Motor Sensor Bearings & Encoder Unit